Sunday, February 13, 2011

Golf mirrors Life

I never thought I would hear myself saying this, but one of the most exciting things that happended to me this week was a friend introduced me to a new "Bible App" for my Iphone. My old one stunk. I was so excited that I helped Candice put it on her Ipad and Keeley on here Itouch. I especially enjoyed having my new App this morning at church. This App allows for bookmarks and community comments on just about any scripture. It is so cool to receive another person translation, perspective, etc. on the word of God right there at your figure tips.

Golf and Life. When you hit the golf ball all over the place like I do, several times per round I'm left with choices. Punch out? Lay up? Go for it? Pitch it? Putt it? Everyday in life we all are given the freedom of choice. Sounds great, but free will can cause some folks lots of issues. In some cases, our free will choices are the difference in life and death.

Our minister talked about this today and I liked how he used Deuteronomy,Chapter 30. Verse 11 - "You know God's laws, and it isn't impossible to obey them". Verse 15"Today I am giving you a choice. You can choose life and success or death and disaster".


Man I wish Life was that easy. I wish I would have made better choices 25 years ago. In golf you make a bad decision and go for it and maybe you end up with a double bogey. You go for it in life and put the wrong substances in your body or allow jealously, anger and greed to make decisions for you and the next thing you know (maybe 10, 15 or 25 years later) your sitting in jail or rehab and banging your head against the wall saying how the hell did I get here.

I know my bottom was not as low as you can go and maybe my bottom was not as low as yours, but let me tell you, you have a choice today and that is to choose life and success or death and disaster. I have experienced enough of the later and today I choose life.

Keep it in the fairway,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment