Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rainy Days

There was a time in my life, let's just say most of my life that I cursed mother nature when I woke up to rainy days. Especially on a Saturdays when I had important things planned like golf, yard work or a football game. Pretty selfish huh? Well today was one of those rainy Saturdays. Soccer got cancelled but that did not mean we did not have plenty to do. There was a Easter egg hunt at church, a UK blue white game, Keeley had a birthday party and then errands to run. Never a dull moment.

But before we got going this morning I did get a chance to do some extra reading and with Easter being tomorrow I have really beefed up my Bible reading the last few weeks. It's pretty cool. For the first time in my life the words in the Bible are coming to life. This week my Bible AP was updated and now has a feature with audio, real cool. Using this feature, here is one of the scriptures I read and had read to me this week.

Romans 8:5-6. "Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace".

There sure is a lot of good stuff in that Bible. I can't wait for our next rainy day!!!

Keep it in the fairway.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment