Sunday, December 26, 2010

A new 3 Wood (Heart)

Yesterday was Christmas Day 2010. The entire day was spent hanging out with family, watching NBA basketball and EATING. By the time I hit the scales this morning I quickly learned I had gained 3 lbs in the last few days and it was time to get focused on how much food I'm putting in my body.

Today as I reflect on some of the gifts exchanged yesterday and some of the readings I have run across in the last couple of days a consistent theme seems to be coming out of these readings (A new Heart).

As you know I love to play golf. This desire to play and play well did not begin really for me until after college. However, for the last 20 years it has become a bit of a passion for me. Yesterday I received a new Callaway (Diablo) 3W. I was so excited. Since tossing my old 3W away a few years ago and replacing it with 2 hybrids, I have really noticed missing that 3W distance I used to have in my bag.

I'm hoping this new 3w goes well with my new heart. I read this morning, "I will give you a knew heart and put a new spirit in you" (Ezek. 36:26).

I really am beginning to feel like a completely different person than I was 18 months ago. I can't really explain it? Physically I'm pretty much the same (maybe a few extra LBs), but mentally and spiritually I'm a totally different person. Today I have deep gratitude to a loving God that has done more for me than I ever deserved and when I say I thank God I mean it. I did not always mean it in the past when I thanked for for his grace and for pulling me out of the fox hole.

So hopefully this new 3W will be a compliment to my new heart.

Keep it in the fairway.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment