Friday, January 21, 2011

Golf pocket guide by Golf Genie

It's Friday morning around 9:30 AM (snow day). Candice had a trip to Columbia, SC (left around 7:30 AM). My lite work schedule for today afforded me the chance to stay home with Keeley. I only had to move one appointment and in anticipation of this new 4 to 5 inches of snow we received yesterday, I went ahead and called him to request we change our appointment date.

I have now had a brownie and two cups of coffee and decided I would take advantage of a little quiet time (while Keeley is still asleep) and yield some time to God by reading, meditating, talking and maybe even create a new post on the blog.

After reading a couple of pieces of literature, I decided I was ready to turn on the computer and there sitting on the coffee table was "Tee to Green Pocket Guide" by Golf Genie. Inside the cover it says "Master your game...as you play". This was a stocking stuffer I received at Christmas and I was like okay that's it - that's my blog for today.

This Tee to Green Pocket Guide is designed for on-course play and off-course preparation. It gives you expert instructions on just about every aspect of the game of golf and helps to give you quick fixes to your swing problems. In summary, if you use this guide you will become a better golfer. Sound familiar?

As is in GOLF so is in LIFE. You can not build a new life in a day and you sure can not become a bogey golfer in a day. We all need pocket guides for life like the Bible, a church, daily talks with God and small group studies. There is no perfect way to do this. My suggestion is to take life and golf slowly, a little at a time. Building a new life and a golf game are slow processes, but if done properly with a strong foundation of techniques and principals then we can enjoy life without fear and a golf game that will be with us for the rest of our life.

Give this some thought. There are so many examples of ways that golf and life mirror one another. I never really saw this until about a year ago. I may refer to the Tee to Green Pocket Guide in the future. I love drawing parallels between golf and life.

Keep it in the fairway.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment