Thursday, April 15, 2010

"The Master's Grip"

Candice and Keeley gave me "The Golfer's Bible" for my 40th birthday on November 30, 2008. I happen to keep this bible at my office and refer to it often. This bible was part of my inspiration for "tee2greenthoughts". I knew sharing my experiences and this new found personal relationship with God, in a public forum, would quickly lose the readers attention. But, I decided if I integrated a little golf talk then maybe I could hold the reader's attention a few minutes longer.

So this blog today is not original. The source of this material comes from The Golfer's Bible. "Anyone who has ever picked up a club knows that gripping the club properly is the key to playing golf effectively. Gripping God's word fully is the key to living life effectively". I wish I had learned how to Grip God's word fully before I learned how to grip a golf club properly.

The Golfer's Bible suggests there are 4 commitments for living in the "Master's" grip:

G - God loves you. "He gave his only son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but will have eternal life". John 3:16

R - Receive his forgiveness. "For everyone who asks receives, and the one who searches finds, and the one who knocks, the door will be opened". Matthew 7:8

I - Invite others. "Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ; certain that God is appealing through us, we plead on Christ's behalf". 2 Corinthians 5:20

P - Pray to God. "If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will bedone for you". John 15:7

As the Masters golf tournament has come and gone and one of my favorites won this year ("Lefty") and we now enter into a new golf season in Kentucky, it is my sincere desire to remain in the Master's GRIP daily.

Keep it in the fairway.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment