Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spiritual growth better life? Consequence?

This morning (Sunday,March 7, 2010) I was going through what has become a steady routine for me. During what I like to refer to as my "quiet time" in the mornings, I decided to look back in my journal and read a couple of entries. I found it very interesting that for 5 months now I have (without missing a day) made a journal entry, read some bible scripture and read from 2 other sources of devotional material I have come to rely on daily. After my reading time, I then try to shut off my brain for a couple of minutes and then I talk to God. This entire process, for me, takes between 20 - 25 minutes. But, the rewards are unmeasurable and I hope this routine is lifelong and results in contiuned future spiritual growth.

This morning, I cracked the window and with the sun shining and the birds singing, I realized I was experiencing a moment of peace and serenity. It was an awesome moment and all I can say is this has nothing to do with me and everything to do with God. It is amazing to even think that I would ever have a spiritual life and much less one that I'm willing to share with others. I'm an infant as it relates to my relationship to God.

If I were to try and correlate my spiritual life to golf, I would have to say I have not even come close to breaking 100 yet. It's progress, not profection. I'm going to close by just shouting out to God and telling Him thank you for doing for me things I could never do for myself. You are such and awesome God and your grace is amazing. Please keep me in the fairway of life and remind me daily that if I forget it's your will, not mine, then I will end up in the woods real fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment