Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Private Chaos

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:15 AM

It was this morning, when, while sitting on the back porch of our home getting ready to do some reading, that I again began stressing over how busy life has become. I never really imagined life would be this busy. I was sort of experiencing a small panic attack.

Do you ever feel like the walls are closing in on your own little private chaos? Candice and I were reviewing our schedules for the next 2 1/2 months a couple of days ago. We had the cell phones out and began going over everyone's schedules. All I can say is between work, school, soccer, volleyball, UK football and church activites I really do not see the Chaffin's having any down time in the 10 weeks. This morning I was writing down how this made me feel? and What is it I'm really afraid of? and all I could come up with is my biggest fear is the stress of being busy has on my personal relationships. I want everyone to be happy, but when LIFE gets out of control sometimes fuses get short.

After having just written about this in my journal, this morning, I picked up some literature and read "He (God) can bring peace and order out of your private chaos if you will let Him. God is watching over you, too, to bless you and care for you".

Are you kidding me? That gave me the biggest goose bumps. Here I'am complaining about my life being so busy and in the very next moment I'm being reminded that maybe all of this is just God testing my faith. I have been taught that if I trust God and place all things in his care then I will receive serenity, peace and love. How awesome is that? This God that created the Universe - loves and cares about me.

"Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they comfort me". (Psalm 23:4)

Hopefully my faith will hold up the next 10 weeks, during this private chaos, and I will focus on my "fuse" by practicing lots of patience, tolerance and love. Thank you God for talking to me this morning at a time when I really needed you.

Keep it in the fairway.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment